Friday, October 25, 2013

A Peek Inside the paNASH Style Closet: Jackets!

It's finally jacket weather here in Nashville, and jackets are a great layering piece for our chilly autumn mornings and warm fall afternoons. Just the other day I got out my favorite fall jacket (a beautiful tan leather jacket I got for a steal several years ago at Wilson Leather), rubbed it down with a coat of leather conditioner, and paired it with a denim shirt, a forest green statement necklace, some burgundy jeans, and my tan riding boots. These are just a few of my many jackets that serve as my go-to pieces:


Jackets are a must-have for every closet, yet when I first go into my clients' closets, many of them are missing this wardrobe staple (just like they are missing another wardrobe staple: belts). Jackets are necessary not only because they keep us warm, but also because they are flattering (especially fitted ones!), and they complete a look while also adding dimension and interest. You can dress an outfit up with a blazer type jacket, or dress it down with a denim jacket (denim jackets are really hot this season!). To find the most flattering fit, look for jackets with higher arm holes and narrower arms, and ones that sit at the top of the hip and nip in at the waist.

Click here to subscribe to our newsletter.
Return to paNASH Style web site.


No comments:

Post a Comment

We've moved! Click here to be re-directed.