Last week, November 5th marked the five-year anniversary that I officially began paNASH Style. I started it part-time while still working as a career adviser in the Vanderbilt University Career Center, and then went full-time with the business nine months later. Just this week I was honored to be featured as a "Leading Lady" on the popular I Want Her Job blog where I got to share my story of starting my own business, the lessons I've learned along the way, and the advice I have for others. My hope is that somewhere in my responses there are some nuggets that will serve as an encouragement to others no matter what their career pursuits are! Check out my answers to the following questions:
- What responsibilities do you have as an image consultant?
- How did you decide a job in this field was right for you?
- What was it like to venture out on your own and become your own boss?
- What is your favorite part of your job?
- What challenges keep you awake at night?
- How do you maintain a work/life balance?
- Was there ever a moment in your career where you thought, "I've made it!"?
- What are some rules you live by?
- What qualities does it take for someone to be successful in your line of work?
- What one piece of advice do you wish you could tell a 21-year-old version of yourself?
- How can people benefit from your services?
Return to paNASH Style web site.