Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Is It Spring Yet?! Spring 2010 Fashion Trends

I am not one who prefers cold weather over warm weather. I love sunshine, warm breezes, green trees, and blooming flowers. I remember this past summer here in Nashville it was a very mild and green summer compared to previous summers. I also remember hearing people say that a mild summer would mean a harsh winter and I think they were right! After several separate snowfalls and numerous days of bone chilling cold, I’m ready to shed my coat, scarf and gloves and jump into some of the newest trends for Spring 2010! Below are some of the ones that I’m most excited about when spring officially rolls around:

• NEUTRAL TONES, especially for dresses, create a very simple yet elegant look.
• If neutral tones such as camel, beige and khaki don’t work for your skin tone, try LIGHT GRAY from head-to-toe. Monochromatic looks make you look taller. For a pop of color, add a bold yellow clutch.
• “PEEK-A-BOO” details that expose flesh either through cut-outs, mesh, lace, or slits add a little more sex-appeal.
• Designers are adding glitz, sparkle, and shimmer by incorporating a variety of METALLICS to provide a little silver lining to the current economy.
• FEATHERS: plume-trimmed items create a look that is airy, flirty and playful.
• PAINTERLY PRINTS are big again this spring. Monet-inspired, water-color type prints create a very romantic look.
• I love the look of MULTI-STRAP DRESSES because they are unique and they create enough interest that you don’t have to bother with a necklace.

Sources/photos: www.nbcnewyork.com, www.glamour.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

We've moved! Click here to be re-directed.