Sunday, November 1, 2009

Resumes of the Future?!

I recently read that Twitter has become so popular that resumes of the future will be 140 characters or less (what?!). I know what you’re thinking, “it’s hard enough to keep my resume to just one page!” Imagine trying to make a good first impression, highlight your skills, and describe your work history/experience all in 140 characters (oh, and spaces count as characters in case you didn't know). But why is this necessary if every company/employer now requires you to apply online through computerized scanning mechanisms? My guess is that if resumes will become that short, interviews will become much longer (and more frequent in a series of interviews) before offers will be extended, at least I hope so. How can a company make a good hiring decision based on so little info? Your thoughts?

No comments:

Post a Comment

We've moved! Click here to be re-directed.