Tuesday, October 13, 2009

It's that "in-between" time of the year!

I know, I know, it’s been a while since I last posted a blog (as my sister who’s here visiting me this week so lovingly reminded me). I am nursing a pinched nerve (a literal pain in my neck) but am looking forward to tonight’s All for the Hall concert. I have been a volunteer at the Country Music Hall of Fame for over two years and am excited at how tonight’s concert is going to benefit the Hall. We’re just trying to figure out what to wear tonight…it’s now that time of year where we’re in between the seasons with extreme temperatures (if it was up to me, we would have warm weather year-round, but it’s not :0)). It’s always difficult this time of year to know what to wear when you have very warm temperatures during the day and then cold at night.

Here in Nashville, it doesn’t start getting cool until about now (mid-October), but many people can’t wait to start wearing their fall clothes before it’s too cool for them. Then they find themselves sweltering and are miserable by mid-day when the temperature reaches 79 degrees! It’s always best to dress in layers for those in-between times of year as you know, but with a wardrobe edit, you can find more options by taking some of your summer clothing items and “fallize” and “winterize” them. This will stretch your budget and help you get more of your money’s worth for what you spent on your spring and summer wardrobe. Many spring colors can be mixed with fall colors and many lightweight fabrics/textures can be mixed with heavyweight fabrics/textures to create both a comfortable and season-appropriate look.

For more tips on dress, image and more, check out my new book Advance Your Image. Thanks to everyone who have already purchased their copy! Hope you are thoroughly enjoying it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We've moved! Click here to be re-directed.