Friday, April 3, 2009

“Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important.” – Janet Lane

One of the things I collect (in addition to shoes) is quotes. I’ve been collecting a variety of quotes for ten years now, but only have about 325 of them because I am very selective in the ones I list in my notebook. Typically I don’t go out seeking these quotes, I let them find me. And I only make note of those that speak to me about the things I am either enjoying or struggling with in life at that time. Therefore, my list reads almost like a personal journal. I can look back at them and remember why I selected that quote at that particular time and reflect on what I was going through at that time. Along the way, I have found some quotes that relate to what I do in my business as an image consultant and personal stylist. These are ones that I think best describe my unique approach to fashion and style. I hope that, by sharing with you these quotes and my thoughts on them, you will see that both paNASH Style and Lori Bumgarner are about instilling confidence in people rather than being materialistic or judging others based on what they wear. I plan to share a new quote with you each week or as often as I have the time to blog. Some are deep, some are very matter-of-fact, and others are just plain funny. I hope you enjoy!
Lori


“Of all the things you wear, your expression is the most important.” – Janet Lane

For many of us, these are difficult economic times. Economic troubles and worries can seep into other areas of our lives if we allow them to, making us weary and downtrodden. That kind of distress is difficult to hide on our faces, which can negatively affect our success in our current career or in our job search. However, keeping a positive attitude and remaining hopeful can make all the difference in the world, bringing a light to our disposition. The best accessory you can wear is a smile. Do what you need to do to bring back your smile. Go for a walk or hike, volunteer in your community (helping others can make you feel better), reach out to an old friend. Doing those things will change your disposition and brighten your expression. The warmth you start to emanate from your smile will increase your success in all areas of your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We've moved! Click here to be re-directed.