Friday, March 27, 2009

“Women usually love what they buy, yet hate two-thirds of what is in their closets.” – Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

One of the things I collect (in addition to shoes) is quotes. I’ve been collecting a variety of quotes for ten years now, but only have about 325 of them because I am very selective in the ones I list in my notebook. Typically I don’t go out seeking these quotes, I let them find me. And I only make note of those that speak to me about the things I am either enjoying or struggling with in life at that time. Therefore, my list reads almost like a personal journal. I can look back at them and remember why I selected that quote at that particular time and reflect on what I was going through at that time. Along the way, I have found some quotes that relate to what I do in my business as an image consultant and personal stylist. These are ones that I think best describe my unique approach to fashion and style. I hope that, by sharing with you these quotes and my thoughts on them, you will see that both paNASH Style and Lori Bumgarner are about instilling confidence in people rather than being materialistic or judging others based on what they wear. I plan to share a new quote with you each week or as often as I have the time to blog. Some are deep, some are very matter-of-fact, and others are just plain funny. I hope you enjoy!
Lori


“Women usually love what they buy, yet hate two-thirds of what is in their closets.” – Mignon McLaughlin, The Neurotic's Notebook, 1960

Isn’t this so true, ladies? Why is it that something always looks better hanging in the store than it does when we get it home and hang it in our closet? This usually happens when we either buy things that don’t fit properly or we impulse buy and don’t take the time to determine if it will go with at least three other things in our closet. Even though you may think you have nothing to wear with those items, I bet you do. I bet you have numerous things you can pair with it but don’t even realize it. This is when it helps to bring in an image consultant who has a fresh eye and can start putting those items together with others to make all new outfits (this can also be done for men). This is my favorite thing to do with my clients! I love to see my clients get so excited about the things they already own and the knowledge that the money they spent on their unworn clothing is not entirely wasted. They also get very excited about having new outfits without spending a dime on new clothes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We've moved! Click here to be re-directed.