A plain white button down shirt/blouse is always a great staple to have in your closet, but to keep it from looking stale, here are a few things you can do to refresh it's appeal:
- Add a new accessory, such as a colorful scarf (great for those who tend to be washed out by white) or two to three layers of long, subtle gold necklaces.
- Dress it down under a cardigan with jeans and some cute chucks. To tie the look together, tuck it into the jeans and add a thin belt in the loops, or leave it untucked and put the belt over the cardigan.
- Dress it up with a black blazer, a camel (or even leopard print!) pencil skirt, and some burgundy heels.
- Opt for slacks that are another color besides boring black, such as eggplant, Indian blue, or electric blue!
- Layer a crop sweater over top of a longer, untucked white button down.
Subscribe to our newsletter.