Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Empowered to Discover Yourself & Your Purpose

What Not To Wear
With Stacy London of What Not To Wear

So tonight is the premiere of a new season of TLC's What Not To Wear.  I recently had the privilege to study under WNTW co-host Stacy London.  If you are one who has seen the show a few times and have decided that the hosts of the show are just mean, you've got it wrong.  If you watch the end of the shows, you see how the subjects of the show don't believe they are mean.  Instead, they are appreciative of the help the hosts provide in the midst of something sometimes difficult for people to face.  One thing I learned in my time in studying under Stacy is how much she cares about the people she works with, especially those off-camera not involved in the show, and how empathetic she is toward them.

This is evident in one particular episode, the one where an acquaintance of mine appeared on the show.  I even wrote a blog post about that particular episode which has become one of the most popular posts of my four year old blog:  "Empowered by What NOT To Wear".  When I told my friend I was heading to New York to meet with Stacy, she said, "Please tell her I am keeping up my look she and Clinton helped me with!" When I relayed that message to Stacy, I also told her how my friend seems to have grown a foot since the show because of how much taller she stands from the confidence the experience has instilled in her.  Stacy was so excited to hear that.

There is so much more to looking better than just looking better.  It's about feeling better about yourself on the inside, so much so you are empowered you to take charge of your life and make other changes that can have a lasting impact on both you and the world around you.  What if just taking this one little step with your wardrobe could lead to discovering your purpose?  Something to think about, right?

Return to paNASH Style web site.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We've moved! Click here to be re-directed.