Monday, July 11, 2011

The Other Side of the Desk

When people think about wardrobe styling in the music industry, they immediately picture a very popular artist surrounded by a team of designers, wardrobe stylists, hair stylists, makeup artists, etc.  But it's not just the artists who rely on the help of wardrobe stylists.  Even those on the other side of the desk, the music executives, turn to people like me to help them find just the right look for their personal and professional life, and for industry events such as what to wear when walking the red carpet with their artist clients and when attending industry awards events.

I've even had several industry people have me write their bios for them in addition to the bios I write have written for their artists.  It's not just the artist that needs a bio.  Just about every professional, regardless of the industry, needs a bio on hand for when he or she is asked for one.  This usually happens when the professional is asked to serve as a speaker or a panelist for an industry conference or professional development program.

I have found from firsthand experience that, no matter how good of a writer you are, it is very difficult to write your own bio.  In fact, I look at the bios I've written for several artists and music industry professionals and wish I could come up with something half as good for myself.  For some reason, people have a hard time tooting their own horn.

But just as we tell our artist clients these are necessary ingredients for their promotion, it is also true for us music industry professionals, especially those who are independent professionals (i.e. independent publicists, managers, etc.).

In addition to artist services, paNASH Style also offers services for those on the other side of the desk.  For those of you professionals needing either a wardrobe or bio update, feel free to email me at LoriB@paNASHstyle.com for more info on my services available just for you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We've moved! Click here to be re-directed.