Friday, August 7, 2009

A One-Size-Fits-All Wardrobe

So sorry I didn't post a blog last week...I was on a much-needed mini-vacation. Got to see some family (including my dad and brother) and friends I haven't seen in a while which was great! Hope you are all taking advantage of the tax-free weekend this weekend (I think we can all use a little break like that right now). I am trying to but it's kind of hard to think about fall fashions when it's 95+ degrees outside.

Anyway, this week I don't have a particular blog topic, but did want to share with you some scripture I came across in my reading earlier this week that I felt was appropriate for this blog. With several people on my prayer list right now, including a beautiful little boy who is struggling for his life in a pediatric intensive care unit right now (PFN!), this scripture reminds me what's most important in life. It's from The Message translation which breaks it all down so simply:

Colossians 3:12- (The Message Bible)
So, chosen by God for this new life of love, dress in the wardrobe God picked out for you: compassion, kindness, humility, quiet strength, discipline. Be even-tempered, content with second place, quick to forgive an offense. Forgive as quickly and completely as the Master forgave you. And regardless of what else you put on, wear love. It's your basic, all-purpose garment. Never be without it.

Have a great weekend!
Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

We've moved! Click here to be re-directed.