Thursday, October 2, 2008

Dreams Never Die

Last week I had the privilege of speaking to a group of aspiring country artists at the home of George Jones. The ages of participants ranged from 11 to 60+ and there was a tremendous amount of talent there from all over the country. My part of the program was to talk about the importance of image and developing your look. It's unfortunate that sometimes talent comes in 3rd on the list of necessary attributes for a successful career in the music industry while look/image comes in first.

Following my presentation, a gentleman in his late forties came up to me and gave me one of the best compliments I've ever received. He said that I had inspired him. "Inspired him?!" I thought. "How did I do that?" I asked him. He said that when he first saw my topic on the program, he planned to not stay for that part of the program, but that he was so glad he did because he learned so many new tips to improve his look.

It was so cool to meet people who continue to pursue their dreams regardless of their age, and I am glad that I got to play a very tiny role in helping them get a step closer to achieving their dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment

We've moved! Click here to be re-directed.