Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Dressing Your Best: Time to Try It On For Size

Last year I wrote a blog entitled "Fear of the Unknown" which discussed some of the feelings of uncertainty and intimidation that some people feel when considering hiring an image consultant or stylist.  (I've pasted it below for you to read, or re-read!)  Those feelings are understandable.  Yet, once they are in the midst of the services I provide, my clients realize just how fun and empowering the experience is and wish they had done it sooner.  However, not everyone is able to make that leap to hiring an image consultant for themselves for various reasons, but still want the experience of learning how to polish their current look.  
styling, wardrobe styling, image consulting
Now, those of you who have been considering this fun and exciting experience can "try it on for size" (pun intended!) with a "Dress Your Best" workshop taught by yours truly and hosted by the O'More College of Design.  For a fraction of the cost of a personal stylist, you'll get a 3-hour workshop that teaches you how to dress for your specific body type, what to splurge on and what to save on, the basic wardrobe pieces with which to supplement your closet, how to stretch your clothing dollar, fun ways refresh your current wardrobe with accessories, and more!  You'll also walk away with an action plan to help you get started on a more polished you!

For details and to register for the workshop, click here.  (Space is limited.  Workshop is geared toward a female audience, with many principles and guidelines that can also be applied to a male audience.)  I look forward to seeing you there!  

August 16, 2011

Fear of the Unknown

A couple of weeks ago I was meeting with a new client to do some wardrobe styling work for the shoot of his upcoming video.  While I was discussing our upcoming initial meeting with him over the phone, he admitted to me that he was a little nervous about working with an image consultant or a stylist for the first time. 

I told him that, for some reason, I hear that a lot from new clients.  I’m not sure why that is exactly, and was trying to find out from him what the nervousness is about, hoping to shed light on why some clients feel that way before meeting face-to-face. 

Some clients on the other hand are excited at the fact that someone is going to be helping them look their best.  Most of those clients are female, so at first I wasn’t sure if it was just a guy thing to be a little uncomfortable about being told what to wear, but then I remembered having a few female clients who also admitted they were a little nervous in the beginning, not knowing what to expect. 

Maybe it’s just fear of the unknown.  I think we all can relate to that!  But what I’ve found time and again once I start working with those who show signs of uncertainty is how they warm up to the experience so quickly.  I’ve had several clients who have said to me after working with them, “I didn’t know what to expect in working with you and was a little nervous, but you made this process very comfortable and a lot of fun!  I’ve learned so much from you about how to look my best and can now see what I was doing wrong before and why this is so important.” 

That is what makes what I do so rewarding.  Being able to put my clients at ease and have fun with the image development process comes from caring about and getting to know the person on the inside as I work with them. 

So, if you’re one of those who’s been thinking about hiring an image consultant but was intimidated by the idea, you don’t have to worry about that when working with paNASH Style.  Since my background is in higher education and I’m an educator at heart, you’re going to learn invaluable things to help you enhance your image and your presentation of yourself all while at the same time enjoying the process!

Oh, and that male client who was a little unsure at first, now has hired me to help him with his media coaching…something he first mentioned he had plenty experience in and didn’t think it was something he needed me to work with him on.  He now gets the importance of taking his image to the next level.  What’s your next level?  How do you plan to get there?

Return to paNASH Style web site. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

We've moved! Click here to be re-directed.