Sunday, March 7, 2010

2010 Academy Awards Red Carpet Best and Worst

I was very glad to see Nashville represented at this year’s 2010 Academy Awards. Tim McGraw of The Blind Side and wife Faith Hill both looked great and represented Nashville well. I wish I could say the same about Miley Cyrus. While her dress wasn’t all bad, the bodice looked like something from Madonna’s Blond Ambition tour and the hair style made the 17-year-old look ten years older.

Other poorly dressed stars included Zoe Saldana in what looked like a lavender/purple piƱata and Vera Farmiga whose fuchsia monstrosity is wearing her instead of the other way around.

Before moving on to best dressed, I have to mention Sarah Jessica Parker’s dress because I’m not quite sure what category to put it in. I love the uniqueness of her dress, but I just can’t quite decide if I personally like it or not. She kind of looks like the Oscar statue herself in this dress. While at some angles it could pass as a shower curtain, I like that it’s different from everybody else’s look.

I’m seeing a lot of the Spring 2010 trends on the red carpet tonight including neutrals & blushes(Demi Moore, Elizabeth Banks, Anna Kendrick), LOTS of metallics (Sandra Bullock, Kate Winslet, Sarah Jessica Parker), painterly water colors (Rachel McAdams), fold-overs (Jennifer Lopez), and one-shoulder dresses (Queen Latifah, Tina Fey).

I thought Helen Mira looked both beautiful and age-appropriate in my favorite designer Badgley Mischka. Kate Winslet’s jewelry and hair were stunning. Director of The Hurt Locker Kathryn Bigelow looked statuesque in her gown and loved the dark shimmery color on her.

The best dressed men included Jake Gyllenhaal and Zac Efron. And (drum roll) my picks for best dressed women:
• Demi Moore – gorgeous in neutral ruffles!
• Rachel McAdams – love those colors!
• Elizabeth Banks – the shoes are as fabulous as her dress!

No comments:

Post a Comment

We've moved! Click here to be re-directed.